Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Some time by myself (Linda)- Wednesday

May be a misleading title, since there are SO many people in Tokyo. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone out walking here in Tokyo.
I (Linda) had the opportunity to spend some time by myself today, so I took advantage of it and went into Harajuku to do some 'shopping'. I'm putting that in quotes because the clothes in Harajuku are REALLY weird. I tried on some clothes, but didn't buy anything, since there is NO way on this green earth I could have pulled them off and made the outfit look planned. Twenty years ago I could have done it (please keep in mind 20 years ago it was the 80's and the clothes would have fit right in!) and I would have done it; but not now (read: not 20 years and one kid later . . .).
Note to Hollywood: You can be really skinny and not be anorexic, EVERYONE here in Tokyo does it.
Note to Alan Gold also: If you've never been to Harajuku, you should go next time you go to Japan to visit Sunric. The fashions will blow you away. I'm sure it'll give you some good ideas!
For lunch today I stopped at this outdoor place, and they had what looked like a hamburger on the menu, so I ordered that. I'm not sure about all these noodle dishes that are topped with what looks like raw octopus. It kind of grosses me out so early in the morning, but I'm sure a lot of people love it! Anyway, I'm not really sure if it was a hamburger or not. It didn't really taste like one, but I'm pretty sure that's what the sign said. I don't think I'll be having hamburger again while we're here.
I was able to navigate the subways by myself (again, I don't know it's a subway or a train, still can't figure that one out) and even managed to stop on the way home and do a little shopping. I got Anthony his first real pair of chopsticks! He's been eating with them so well since we've been here, I don't want him to forget how to do it when we get home!
This afternoon Todd and I are watching Anthony and Andrew while Deanna is out. The two boys are 2 years (almost exactly) apart and it's been a crazy hectic afternoon. Pretty sure we know the answer to whether or not we're having any more kids!
Todd is making dinner tonight, something completely Western: Chicken Pot Pie. It'll be a big change from the way we've been eating!

No comments: