
Well, it's less than 24 hours until take off and I think we're ready. I know Todd is. If I'm half as ready as he is we should be OK. Anthony is pretty wired right now; I sure hope he can sleep tonight! We have all our clothes laid out, but not packed yet. I think I'll do that after Anthony goes to bed. I really don't want to get him any more wound up than he already is.Todd's Dad drove down today from Mt. Pleasant to bring a care package (from Sigma's Grandma) for Anthony to take on the plane. Anthony went through the bag and he (of course) wanted to play with everything tonight. We had to repack it and tuck it away (out of sight, out of mind) until tomorrow.
My Mom is going to take us to the airport tomorrow. I really don't want to have to worry about our car in the airport so I'm glad someone else is driving us. . .
I'm trying to get some pictures uploaded . . we'll have to see if this works. Yea, it worked! Anthony is sportin' his new kimono from Aunt Deanna and Uncle Mike. Not sure if you can tell from the picture, but his hair cut looks just like his daddy's!
OK, enough for now, we need to get a certain little three year old ready for bed, this could take awhile . . . I think the next time we post it'll be actually from Japan.
Wish us luck on the plane ride!
3 comments:
Anthony looks great---ready to come to the Land of the Rising Sun!
See you at Narita Airport!
Mike
Kimono & smile ;o) !!!
Hair cut/shave/'washrag special' ;o( !!! Got the scissors ready for that stuck-out tongue - look out !!!
Mom Lo's Illness Keeps Them from Much-Anticipated Airport Sendoff
Better judgement told us we best not impose my 'upper respiratory crud' on all of you, as you embark on this adventure. Wow! What a disappointment, but Dad offered to drive down on Friday & deliver Anthony's Plane (& beyond) Activity Package, or perhaps better named Dad & Mom's Sanity Package that I, 'Sigma's Grandma', had assembled for our 'little man'. For those of you who don't know, I am Sigma's Grandma because our dog's name is Sigma; and Grandma Marianne is Komo's Grandma, because Mike & Deanna's Family's Dog, Komo, is temporarily living at Marianne & Tony's house, so named & differientiated by our Anthony.
Fortunately, Linda's Mom & Dad were our 'backup' if any problem should arise for our getting our big (& little) kids to Detroit Metro in a timely manner, & so they did. Thanks folks !!! Much appreciated !!! We are anxiously awaiting the post-trip posting on how everyone enjoyed?/ weathered?/ survived? the trip. If everyone walks off, rather than being carried off, the plane, that'll be a good sign. BTW, we forgot to ask about the time difference. We know arrival time in Japan is 2 am on Sun 4/15, our time; but what time will it be there?
Our love & angels on your shoulders
Post a Comment