OK, we'll have to rethink this whole traveling with a 3 1/2 yr old. Our original plans are completely scrapped and we're getting a do-over on our trip. Anthony has been riding in a stroller; the walking is just too much for him. We've walked at least 3-4 miles per day every day and he's just about had it. The good thing is Andrew rides in his stroller and Emilia walks along side of Anthony and holds his hand. The bad thing is that when one cries, they all cry. And when one gets hungry, they all get hungry. You can keep going with that analogy, just insert a different verb and they will all eventually be doing it.
Anthony hasn't napped as much as he should, which is difficult on all of us. He's been going to bed around 7:00 pm (two hours earlier than he normally does) and waking at about 5:30 am, wide-eyed and ready to go. Todd and I are adjusting to Anthony's wake up time; I've been drinking a LOT of coffee.
Anthony has really warmed up to the noodles here (soba noodles, I think they are a buckwheat noodle or something like that). That's about all he'll eat now. Well, that and ice cream.
We have about another week and a half here and we've decided to plan some really kid friendly trips (we went to the Zoo today, more about that later). I'm not sure how we're going to get Anthony home; I am really NOT looking forward to that plane ride!
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't sweat the plane trip home. Sounds like Anthony is probably ready to be back in his own space with his own routine. He may just sit still for those 12 hours?
Have you guys felt somewhat the same - just once in awhile? I remember in Paris Curtis said something about missing going to the bathroom in his own house.. he didn't say it quite that politely but you get the point.
It's like you can only soak up so much "different" then you're done. Kind of like: I don't care if the greatest thing in the whole wide world is right around the corner... I'm ready to go home now. Well, I'm sure you guys are better travelers than I am and you don't have those pangs ...?
Linda, if MY beloved brother had his jaw wired shut I would most certainly be making the most of that. But, AGAIN, I'm sure you are a much better person than I!
Post a Comment